Saturday, November 12, 2005

Is Prepaid Wireless for Real?

Over the last six months or so there has been a lot of buzz about prepaid wireless products and it seems as if many companies ae starting to jump on the band wagon. I remember a few years back when the industry was buzzing about POS systems and how they would be the hot product that would revolutionize the industry. The reality is four years later nothing ever happened and POS is rarely heard about.

What bugs me is that both Prepaid wireless and POS both require(d) huge up front investments and are both unproven. I can't tell you how many people I knew out there who tried to develop POS systems and wasted huge sums of money on something nobody wanted. I just hope prepaid wireless is not the same type of thing... a great industry buzz word but no real sales potential.

Don't get me wrong I am not against prepaid wireless yet, I just am a little cautious about it right now. However, I am a little more optomistic about this than I was about POS.

No comments: