Saturday, June 03, 2006

InteleCard News - Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen

I just received the latest issue of the InteleCard News magazine and all I can say is that my weekly A&P circular is bigger than this magazine! The once dominant magazine for the prepaid community, like the industry, is definitely a shadow of its former self. They can't even squeeze out 100 pages anymore, and a good portion of the ad space was used by them trying to sell everyone on buying ads in the magazine.

While I was never a huge fan of the magazine as it's content was determined by those companies that contributed the most in advertising dollars, I think this magazine was once one of the determining factors in a companies success or failure. Now it just seems like the industry has passed this publication by... Surviving mostly on ads from prepaid wireless companies, the reality is that this industry is not big enough to keep this publication going. If it was not for their two shows still selling good amounts of booths, I think this magazine would have been history already.

The shows still seem to attract enough exhibitors but I have to say they are a shadow of their former self... My recommendation to the people at intelecard... Lower your ad pricing, reduce your shows to once a year and acknowledge that it just was not what it used to be! After all we in the industry have realized that and have made the adjustments accordingly.

No comments: