Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DMOZ a Forgotten Wasteland?

I noticed that the Telecommunications section of DMOZ.com has not been updated with new listings for some time and contains many old listings which are no longer relevant. I understand that DMOZ utilizes "strict" guidelines for its listings but I have yet to get any one of the sites I work with listed! I have been working with some telecommunications companies that have websites dating back to the late 90s and are very reputable... Yet none have been listed!!

Seems like they don't much care about staying current....

Not sure who the editors of this category are but it seems as if those involved (most likely telecom professionals) are selfishly trying to protect their websites from the competition. I have listings on all of the other major directories like Yahoo, BOTW, Joeant, business.com and so many more but yet can't get three sites listed after two years of waiting for the editors of DMOZ to give me a listing. DMOZ better shape up and change their strategy or risk being left out in the cold in the fast changing internet landscape!

No comments: