Monday, July 03, 2006

FiOS TV Service from Verizon - FiOS

I had heard about Verizon wanting to get into the Cable TV industry but I just recently heard that their fiber TV service, FiOS, is up and running in one small test market in Texas and they are working diligently to get it out across the country.... And the price tag, you won't believe this, $700 to $1,000 per household... WOW!!!

Hey if they are willing to spend that much, it can't be half bad! I will pick it up when it comes to my area as my current provider is cleaning out my pocket each and every month. Competition may not be good for the likes of Comcast and Time Warner but it will mean great savings for us the consumer!

FYI - Comcast and other big cable companies are doing everything they can to stop Verizon so be prepared to wait awhile until the legal battles are over before you see this in your neck of the woods.

No comments: