Sunday, April 29, 2007

Intelecard Expo in Miami Wraps Up!

Well, another Miami InteleCard show is now over and while the show is now more about other solutions than prepaid phone cards, it still attracts a lot of exhibitors and attendees. The show floor was packed with people both days and of course there were the traditional fights breaking out here and there (two guys almost took out the bar at the CVT booth).

CVT had a nice booth and UTA, the last minute exhibitor (they must have gotten a good price), also had a decent looking booth. But I think the best part about the show was that it allowed all of us to get together with our peers and discuss business and new opportunities. I had a good time meeting with some of the prepaid wireless and cash card companies who have opened up some interesting possibilities for my business.

Having been on both sides, a few times as an exhibitor and the last few times as an attendee, I have to say that NOT exhibiting allowed me to get more business done than with a booth. The booth is just too restrictive, allowing me to only meet with people who come my way... and lets be honest, most of the time you have to chase down people to get the business relationships you really want!

I didn't manage to get to the party but overall I have to say that InteleCard did a nice job with this show and I look forward to the Vegas show later in the year... Just one parting comment... how come InteleCard manages to still have success with the trade shows but their magazine is tanking big time?

No comments: