Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quick View on US Prepaid Wireless and VOIP Markets

I received many questions from my recent article "Where Have All of the Prepaid Phone Card Customers Gone? " asking if I had statistics on the prepaid wireless market and the VOIP market so I thought I would take a moment to answer:

US Prepaid Mobile Market:
The Prepaid Wireless market had roughly around 12 million or so subscribers back in 2002 and has more than tripled since then to around 40 million subscribers this year. The largest growth came in 2004 with almost a 50% growth over the year before. The forecasts also show this markets growth slowing over the next few years reaching an estimated 45 million by 2010.

US VOIP Market:
VOIP is the newest kid on the market making it's first noticeable numbers in 2003 with 150,000 subscribers and growing at a consistent pace surpassing the 10 million mark in 2006 and envisioned to continue it's current pace reaching 20 million plus by 2010.

No comments: