Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Intelecard No More!

I thought it fitting to write a post about the fact that Intelecard no longer exists on the day when their rival the Prepaid Press Expo kicks off!

I received an email from Intelecard last week announcing that Intelecard is now a part of Wireless Dealer Magazine and sure enough if you type in http://www.intelecard.com/ you get redirected to the Wireless Dealer Magazine website. I can't say this is a surprise or a disappointment since the Magazine has been almost non-existent for the last year or so and their web site looked like it was maintained by my 2 year old nephew. There just wasn't enough room in this shrinking business for two major publications and expo's and the Prepaid Press just seemed to want it more.

While this does remove a major press source and advertising channel for many of us, I am sure the Prepaid Press will more than pick up the slack and improve their publication and expo even more now that they are the only game in town! But advertisers beware, now that they are a monopoly in this area they might find reason to increase their advertising rates... but I hope not!

No comments: